For Truehost Cloud to change the ownership of an account we require the individual to provide us with the following documents via an email to [email protected]:
- Death Certificate
- National Identification. We require the government-issued identification document be a color copy, scan, or digital picture containing the pictured person, name, signature, and expiration date clearly identifiable.
If a business is listed as the registrant/account holder, please provide a copy of the business ID. Examples of acceptable government-issued business identification are:
- A copy of a government-issued business license, which is issued from a local, county or national.
Please know that submitting the documentation requested above does not guarantee any changes. Truehost Cloud reserves the right to accept or reject the request for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. The deceased was my web developer and has my website files and my domain registration (website name). What can I do?
- If you are a learning institution [school/college/university with domains .sc.ke and .ac.ke]
For us to migrate a school website/name, you need to provide the school registration certificate provided by Ministry in charge of Education.
- If you are a government institution [with domain .go.ke]
For us to migrate a government website, you need to provide the registration certificate of the government entity provided by Ministry in charge of approving government institutions. e.g Ministry of Treasury for Kenya
- If you are an individual or company
As individuals and companies do not have a special domain extension as the institutions in the above scenarios do, the only way we would be able to complete the transfer is when the Death Certificate and National Identification are provided as explained above.
Q. The deceased and I were partners running this site. Do I still need to provide the above information to gain access to the account?
No. If you have the login information you can continue to access the account. Once logged in, you should update the contact information for the account. If you do not have the account login information but can access the account email or phone, we can reset your account password and send to the account email/phone so you can gain access.